Yesterday was an interesting day for me. I thought for sure on my way to Lake Tahoe we were going to be rained out but once I arrived there the skies were holding out for the moment. I made my way to our first location on the Nevada side of the lake and when I got there the rain started. Major bummer!! I was not pleased with this turn of events. Once Ann and Bryant arrived we decided to head back to the California side of the lake towards Tahoe City in hopes that it was only snowing there. We arrived 30 minutes later to fluffy snowflakes falling! We made out way out to the beach and attempted what turned out to be an engagement session in a mini blizzard! The snow was blowing in sideways, I was attempting to shoot with the camera in one hand and an umbrella in the other. I was using my 85mm 1.2L lens which weighs 2.3 pounds on it’s own, so add that to the camera and I am surprised at how many in focus shots I got with the wind trying to blow me over. Hopefully if the weather holds out I will be back up at the lake to finish out the session before the couple flies home to Chicago! I spent the next 3 1/2 hours making the trip home stuck in chain control from Donner to Alta. Luckily my wonderful XTerra got me home safely, many hours later.